Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Training Begins

I started my 12 week training program on July 29th. I'm following the MapMyRun MVP Half Marathon Beginner program. I like their app for tracking my runs. I like seeing the map of where I ran and my split times. I'm still trying to figure out how the courses work so I can compete against myself.

This weeks Program so far:

Monday - 4.0 mi Run / Jog (Done - Ran pushing stroller 4.27 miles, 10:43 Pace, Total time 45:47)
Intensity: Conversational
Run at an easy conversational pace

Tuesday - Off (I did not do this, I need to plan these out better)
Intensity: Moderate
Duration: 45:00 Begin with the general strength routine and complete a core strength routine and then move to you choice of cardiovascular cross training options: elliptical, stair climber, exercise bike, rowing machine or cross country skiing machine for the remainder of the time.

Wednesday - 4.0 mi Run / Jog (Done 4.31 miles, 9:47 Pace, Total time 42:12)
Intensity: Conversational
An easy run at a conversational pace with 4 x 100m strides after run

I'm feeling a little sore. I plan to add a Bikram Yoga class or Regular Yoga class once a week to make sure I'm stretching enough. I think I will do Zumba on Friday and Bikram Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.