Friday, May 16, 2014

Upcoming Half Marathon #3

I feel both nervous and excited at the moment. I have my 3rd half marathon race coming up on Sunday. I've driven the course and it will be challenging. It reminds me of a roller coaster going up and down. Thank goodness the forecast is looking good temperature-wise. Although now they are calling for a chance of some rain. I'd take rain over the heat any day. Mother nature will do what she wants though and I'll just have to deal with whatever she decides to give us.

I don't feel as ready for this one as I did my last. I definitely have not ran as much since the Raleigh Rock N' Roll Half. Plus I'm lacking the speed work that I had been doing with my RunnerDude's Fitness training group. So I am a little worried about that. I'm trying to just be positive and put my all into it. I think I'm planning to run with the 2 hour pacer and just see what happens. I feel like I was so close at my last race and a big reason I was able to still PR on such a tough course was because I ran with the pacer most of the race. It is really easy to slow down when doing a lot of hills. I'll just have to see how I feel.

I am really excited that the race is local. It really takes away a lot of stress. I don't have to get up ridiculously early. I know where to go and there will be lots of parking. I can also sleep in my own bed the night before and prepare however I want to in the comfort of my own home. Part of the course is on the Greenway near my house that I run all the time so that is also fun.

So will this be the race I sub 2 hours? I really don't know. I'm just going to go with how I feel and see where it takes me. I'm proud of myself no matter what happens. I think it is always important to celebrate the accomplishment of just finishing 13.1 miles. How many people can say they have ran that far?

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.