Monday, February 2, 2015

Fitletic Hydration Belt Review


I run all my long runs with my Fitletic Hydration Belt. I absolutely love it. My first hydration belt had one big water bottle that you wore to the back. The waste strap had no give to it and was made of nylon. I hated it for my long runs because if it happened to touch my bare skin, it would rub me raw. Also, as I would lose some water weight as I would run, the whole belt would loosen and really start bouncing. Trying to adjust it on the fly was horrible. It drove me crazy. I hated spending so much effort on something I felt I shouldn't have to worry about.

Wearing my Fitletic 16oz Hydration Belt
during my first marathon.
The Fitletic belt is so comfortable. The waste band is elastic and never bounces. The material of the pouch and water holders are like a wetsuit. It is pretty waterproof, and it is a comfortable material. I have never had chafing problems with this belt.

The center pouch can fit a good amount of things in it. I keep 2 GUs, chap-stick, headphones, and my car keys in it. For my marathon I used the two exterior GU loops, which also worked great.

I prefer to wear mine towards the back
It has two 8oz bottle holsters. In the summer I like to fill one bottle with a sports drink and the other with water. It did take me a while to like having two water bottles. I was used to having just one big one. I had to get used to drinking from two and having them balance. I hate when one is full and the other is empty. Not a big deal, it can just feel off balanced. So I just rotate drinking from each bottle back and forth to keep them balanced.

I thought I would like the race bib toggles, but the way I wear
the belt low makes it so the bib would hang down way too low. Plus I like to wear everything to the back. It just feels more comfortable.

I like to have my Galaxy S 3 with me for emergencies so I also bought the Running Belt Phone Holder Accessory. My ginormous phone fits in it perfectly. I also put a credit card and some cash in the interior pocket encase I need it. I have worn it during a lot of rain, and so far it has fully protected my phone. It gives me fast easy access to my phone, which is really convenient.

Overall I absolutely love this hydration belt. It is comfortable and durable. I like that it is mostly black and blends into my running clothes. It's a must need accessory for me, but not one that I want to be flashy about. I have ran 6 half marathons with it and one full marathon. Not to mention the hundreds of training miles. It is so comfortable that I even forget I am wearing it after the first couple of miles.

I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.