Monday, February 2, 2015

What's New 2015?

Well I obviously have not been blogging since the marathon. The holidays were a complete blur. I cannot believe we are already into February of 2015. Time sure waits for no one.

Last year was a really great running year for me. I ended up finishing the year with 1,150 running miles. My original goal had been 1,000, but then when I hit my goal two months before the end of the year, I decided to go for 1,200. I missed it by 50 miles due to my recovery week after the marathon and then my complete laziness during Christmas week. However, I don't regret it at all. In 2013, I ran 410 miles, so I more than doubled that in 2014. It was the first year I consistently ran all year. It truly is a part of my life now.


2014 Running Year Highlight Recap:


This year I am attempting to do the Run 2,015 miles in 2015. I'm running as a 3 person team, Collective sMiles. I was almost going to attempt it myself, but that averages to about 5.5 miles a day. I want to run happy and injury free. I'm still going to see how many miles I can get in this year. I just want to be smart about it. A challenge like this is not worth the risk of overdoing it. Plus doing it as a team is fun. In January I ran 120 miles, which is my second highest mileage month to date.

I am currently training for my running coaches first official race, the RunnerDude’s Trust. Believe. Conquer 25K. It has been a great way to keep my long run miles up. Plus I love supporting his business, and I'm excited to run with all my Greensboro running friends. It should be a really fun race.


I am doing my first relay race next weekend. It's the Massacre Marathon Relay. I'm running with a team of four.  It should be a good time. My running group, the RUNegades, has four teams running. The four teams are Trust, Believe, Conquer, and Perseverance. We are team Trust.


Well hopefully my next post will be about my awesome marathon relay experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.