Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ready or Not

I ended up running 3.35 miles last night on my own. I felt pretty good. It was a hilly route to help get warmed up for Saturday. I'm a little nervous about the hill profile for the race. There's some pretty large hills in the beginning and a big one towards the end.

Greensboro Half Marathon Elevation Chart

I love this!
 I'm trying not to put a lot of pressure on myself. I know my goal for a first half marathon should be to just complete it. Yet I keep having this time in my head that I would really like to get. I think I need to step back and just relax (easier said then done).

Tonight I am going to run the same route I ran last night for my final run before Saturday. I may add a street to make it a 4 miler. Heck I might even change it up and do a 4 miler I used to do at the beginning of training. I will see how I feel after work. I plan to just enjoy it and work on my form a bit. I also need to get my head in the right place.

After my run I'm going to put together my play list for Saturday. I'll post it tomorrow. I have been asking for song recommendations from friends and am excited to see what I come up with. I know I am going to need some good motivational tunes especially for that last big hill at mile 10.

Tomorrow is the Race Expo / Packet Pickup. This sh*t is getting real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.