Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bikram Yoga Love

Last week was a tough training week for me. My body just felt tired. I struggled on each of my runs and was starting to get a little discouraged. Luckily my long run on Sunday was a good run and renewed my dedication to my training. It's funny how one run can turn it around. Just goes to show you just gotta keep going. You will have some good days and some bad.

Ok, getting off topic.... My body was so sore last week so I decided I needed to do a yoga class. Earlier this year I had purchased a Groupon for a 30 day unlimited Bikram Yoga Class pass. I went many times and really enjoyed it. My favorite feeling was at the end of class when you are soaked with sweat. I feel like I worked hard and really cleansed my body of some toxins. Then to top it off my whole body feels so relaxed and stretched. Not to mention it feels great to improve on the different poses every week.

So when my body was telling me it was tight and needed some love I decided it needed Bikram Yoga. So I purchased a 5 class pass and decided to commit my Wednesday cross train day to Bikram Yoga. The 5 classes get me through to the Wednesday following my half. So it will be perfect.

I had my first class in a long time last Wednesday. It was fantastic. I was happy to find that even though I had not been for 2 month my body still knew the poses. I could tell I had regressed a little in my flexibility but not as much as I had thought.

I'm happy I have committed to add it to my training. It is great for the mind and body. I can't wait to  go again tomorrow.

"Yoga never fails to reward honest effort." ~ Bikram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.