Thursday, January 16, 2014

Growing Stronger

Training with a group is great. You get to know other runners. I love hearing their stories about when they started running, what races they have ran, and what their future goals are. I find it extremely motivating. It also reminds me how far I have come in my own journey.

I started my running journey last February. So as I approach my one year mark I want to think back to all I have accomplished. I ran two 4K's,  five 5K's, one 10K and a half marathon. Not too shabby for a non-runner. I think I've finally earned the title of runner :)

Last night I met with the running group (Runnerdude's) to do a 45 minute progression run. This is the first time I have ever done one. I think I did pretty well for my first time. I'm excited to see how I improve over the next couple months.

For a progression run you start out slow and build to a faster pace towards the middle of the run and then go all out in the end to about 90% of your max effort. I think I need to work on starting out a little slower. The middle section was a little rough because of a pretty good sized hill.

Overall I'm pretty proud of myself as this is a great starting point.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.