Friday, January 10, 2014

Hello 2014

Well it has been a while. I kinda fell off the healthy wagon after my half. The holidays did not help the matter.

Like millions  of other people, my New Year's Resolution is to be more healthy and lose some weight. I'm currently signed up for three half marathons and two 5K Obstacle Races.  It's all about lining things up to help keep me motivated. You gotta know yourself.

My first half marathon for this year is the Inaugural Raleigh Rock N' Roll Half on April 13. I decided I wanted to train with a running group this time around. My goal is to finish in under 2 hours. So I joined a group training for the same race. I'm really excited.

I did my first group run on Wednesday. I was supposed to be doing a 4 mile run with 2 miles at tempo pace. Well, I got talking to some other ladies and totally lost track. Oh well, my goal was also to meet new people that also like to run. Now I just need to make sure I can balance my two goals of meeting new people and doing what it takes to do a sub two hour half.

Here are a couple of pictures from my runs so far this year.

Jan. 1: Committing back to running
Jan 5: My second half marathon training officially began today. I ran in the rain.
I first set out to go for a 5k and ended up deciding to go for over a 10k.
Jan 9: A nice hilly run at lunch. Enjoyed getting outside
mid-day and it was 50° to boot 



2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, Nichole! So glad you've joined the group!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below.