Friday, January 10, 2014

UFIT Program

While training this time around I want to be better about cross-training. I got Cindy Whitmarsh's Complete UFit program for Christmas.

I started it on December 30th. So far I am loving it. The workouts are 20 minutes and the program follows a calendar. Eventually you do 2 of the workouts a day and then work up to 3. I had to make my own calendar to include my half marathon training. I had to modify the program some so I will not burn myself out and likely injure myself. I wanted at least one full rest recovery day.

Since December 30th I have lost 7 pounds. What has really helped me jump-start my weight loss is logging everything I eat on MyFitnessPal. For the first time since before training for my first half, I feel completely in control of my diet and fitness. I just gotta keep up this momentum and work on making it a long term change.

Back to the UFit program...

 I've liked doing Cindy's videos for a while now. My favorites are 10 Days to a Better Body and Less is More. She is upbeat and the workouts are great. I love how she talks about the importance of nutrition. There is a meal plan included with the  program. I opted to log all my food instead. I may still consult it for some meal ideas.

About the program (direct from her site):

What is UFIT Training? It’s an intense interval training method that uses targeted intervals to turn your body into a calorie-burning machine while building a sleek, toned physique!

The Ultra Burn program gives you two, 20-minute workouts! Calorie Crusher is comprised of two-minute intervals. You start with one minute of high intensity cardio followed by one minute of lower intensity cardio. This innovative sequencing helps you burn maximum calories and get RESULTS! During the Stretch & Sculpt workout, you lengthen, stretch and totally tone your entire body. This workout is a great complement to the Calorie Crusher workout!

The Ultra Lean program is two, 20-minute segments. Upper Body Bliss is totally focused on shoulders, biceps and triceps to carve that tank top or bikini body. Lower Body Blast burns away those saddlebags and leaves you with a toned, lifted butt and shapely, strong legs.

The Ultra Tight program consists of two, 20-minute programs. Hard Body is a full body workout of three-minute circuits. There’s one minute of intense cardio, followed by two minutes of “trouble-spot-toning” strength training. You’ll zap fat and tighten EVERYTHING! With 6-Pack Abs, you get a cardio ab workout composed of one minute of cardio followed by one minute of middle-chiseling abwork that creates the flat tummy you want.

I'll review this more as I go along. I'm currently finishing up week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.