Monday, September 30, 2013

11 Miles to Inner Strength

I have come so far!

Yesterday I ran the most I have ever ran, 11.19 miles (and yes the .19 counts). It was a little rough in the beginning. My left leg has been bothering me a bit. My left calf likes to tighten up in the first 2 miles. Then my foot goes numb for a couple miles and then eventually it all goes away. Then when I'm my done my ankle is sore. I guess I shouldn't complain. I think my body may still be adjusting to running so much.

I love the second half of my long runs. It's when the "runners high" kicks in. I feel like I could run forever. Until eventually my body starts telling me it's tired. Then I'm done and the accomplishment is overwhelmingly satisfying. 

I have to keep reminding myself I just ran my first 5K this past March. I can't believe I can run 11  miles now. My past self would have said "I only run if I am being chased." Now I run to reach my 13.1 mile goal and I have found I love the time to myself. I love getting to spend some time outside in the fresh air. I also love to challenge myself and push myself beyond what I have told myself I can do. I have found my strength within.

26 Days until my half. Things are getting real :)

Did I mention I hurt so good today? haha -- And yes I am rocking dorky runners compression socks under my work clothes, shhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.