Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fabulous Birthday!

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. I began it by running my 4 miles. It felt pretty good. I can tell I'm getting stronger everyday. My calves were less sore.

It was a nice cool morning. The trail had a couple people walking their dogs on it. It was nice and quiet and I was able to just let my mind wander. I think that is part of the training as well. You can't think about every mile or it will seem to take forever. I'm training myself to just let go and enjoy the journey. It may be the toughest part of the training.

One of my favorite things about running is going back to check my MapMyFitness stats. I love seeing how I have improved. It's also fun earning course badges. I racked up some great badges with yesterday's run.

It's amazing to find what motivates you. I love seeing progress in graphs and badges. It keeps me going. What keeps you going?

The rest of the day was amazing. I felt so loved. One of my coworkers decorated my office with streamers. Another coworker baked me "made from scratch" cupcakes. I used my spa gift certificate from last year which included a mani, 30 minute massage and 30 minute facial.

The massage was wonderful. I had the masseuse focus on my legs. He really worked the tightness out of them and my calves feel amazing today.  I'm thinking after my half I am going to treat myself to a massage. That way when I'm hurting I will just imagine that when I am done I get a massage:)

When I got home the hubby had cleaned the house, made me a birthday dinner and got me flowers. I got to spend the night with my 19 month old and the hubby and it was a perfect end to a perfect day.


So far being 32 rocks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.