Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Centergy... Sure Why Not


Today was a cross train day for me. My muscles are pretty sore so I decided a yoga class would be the ticket. The only class available at my gym that fit into my schedule was a class called Centergy. It's a class made by BodyTraining Systems (BTS). Personally I'm not a big fan of the series. They have group classes such as Group Kick (kickboxing), Group Power (like body pump with weights), Group Ride (cycle/spinning), etc. I prefer instructors that teach their own style. When I lived in NY our gym had moved to this system and it was just not the same in my opinion. With that said I wanted to give Centergy a try with an open mind.

The class was not that busy. There were about 10 people. (I'm used to the Zumba classes where there are 30+.) The teacher was nice and did an alright job of leading the class. I was thrown off by the music that was played during the class. I have never done a yoga class to songs from Taylor Swift. It was a little strange yet I continued to try to keep an open mind.

The class is a fusion between Yoga and Pilates (check out theYouTube video I found). It moved from one pose to another and repeated a couple times. The moves were pretty basic. It definitely got my heart pounding and my body nice and stretched out (which I needed badly). However, I found myself longing for a yoga class without pop music. I missed the quiet and peacefulness of a traditional class. I also longed for Bikram yoga (nothing like a good hot yoga cleansing sweat).

I'm glad I went but I'm not sure I would go again. It's just not my thing. I may try it one more time now that I know exactly what to expect. I really crave a traditional class. Time to check out the schedule and see what I can fit in.

The good news is I feel good. My body definitely needed to stretch. Tomorrow is another 4 miler and it's my birthday. It's going to be a good day I can feel it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.