Monday, August 5, 2013

First Long Run

I had to complete a 6 mile run on Sunday. I was both excited and dreading it. I had only ran 6 miles at my 10K back in June and that was the farthest I've ever ran.

I got a late start and ended up not going out until 12:30pm. Luckily it was a nice day and not a lot of heat and humidity.

Flip Belt | I have the gray one
I got a little past my halfway point and realized my ID was missing. I had put it in my Flip Belt along with some money and a credit card (I will never put them in like that again). It must have fallen out when I had taken my phone out to check my distance. I ended up back tracking looking for it and ended up logging an extra mile. I could not find it and just kept my eyes open hoping to come across it. Then I spotted a walker up ahead and decided to ask her if she had found a license. And to my complete surprise and  relief she had! SCORE! Thank goodness :) I told her thank you and that she had made my day.

The time is still an hour ahead on here for the start time. Not sure why, I have it on New York Time Zone.
Women's Nike Air Relentless 2
 Overall I felt great on my run. At first my right calf felt pretty tight but lossend up as I got further into the run. I kept experiencing some numbness in my left foot. Not sure if I had my shoe too tight. I'll have to keep aware of that. I may need to get fitted fora better running shoe. Since I am new to running and long distance running my biggest fear is dealing with injuries. I'd hate to cause any that I could have missed.

The shoe I am currently running in is the Women's Nike Air Relentless 2 Running Shoes. I got them at Kohl's just before my 10K. They are really cute and overall comfortable. I'm just not sure they will perform well for my long runs. We will see...

Armpocket | i-15
I noticed a couple blisters on both my heels. They are very miner and don't hurt at all. I will also have to keep on eye on those. Overall it was a great run with some adventure.

I really want an Armpocket now to hold my Galaxy S3. It has room for money, cards and a key. It can also fit the phone with a case on it which is so great because I hate taking the protective case off an on. After losing my ID using the Flip Belt I just don't trust it now. After looking around I think the Armpocket is the way to go. I'm hoping I get it for my birthday on Wednesday :)

Tomorrow I run 4 miles. Now I got to go to bed. I've got to get better about going to bed earlier if I ever hope to actually get up at a descent hour to get my runs in before work and before it gets too hot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.