Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Kicks

I finally broke down and decided to get some new running shoes. Other runners kept telling me that I should go to a running store and get fitted for the right pair of shoes. I finally decided to give it a try after my 7 mile run last Monday. My left outside of my foot hurt afterwords and my left foot kept getting numb.

So on Wednesday I went to my local running store Off n'Running. They had me run up and down the store and video taped it. Then they did a gait analysis. For those that don't know a gait analysis is an examination of the way your foot falls as you run. It was determined that I don't run in a funny way so I just need a shoe with good cushion and they sized me for an eight. Normally I buy a 7.5.

I ended up getting the new Brooks Ghost 6. I was prepared to buy comfortable shoes no matter how they looked. I was not going to buy them on how cute they are (which is how I normally buy). I was pleasantly surprised to not only find these comfortable but they are also cute too.

 I have ran about 19 miles on them so far. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. I still have a little pain on my outer right foot but I think it is just healing from before. My left foot still gets numb around mile 3-4, but I find if I take off my shoe and sock and put them back on it goes away. Not sure if my foot just swells a bit after running for awhile and my laces are too tight. I'm going to get some new socks to see if that will help. At least I have time to try and see what works.

Any suggestions?
The Brooks Ghost 6
The Brooks Ghost 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below.